Saturday, October 23, 2010

Birthday Fiddle

Here is a card that I made for my son's 30th birthday.  I wanted a card that was masculine but still slightly humerous. 

Photobucket

The "fiddle" was stamped onto Stampin Up Very Vanilla cardstock with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and embossed with clear EB.  The edges were inked with the Aged Mahogany and Walnut Stain inks.  I added the music notes to tie the image to the saying.  The striped paper has a glossy shine.  I found this at an expo 2 weeks ago.  I love the colors for a masculine card.  Embellishing a guy card is always hard for me.  No flowers, bows, etc.  I had the metal buckle and threaded 3 ribbon strands through it.  Gives the card a finishing touch without being "girlie", don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Pam this is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.. you know I am definitely going to be scrap-lifting this one. He is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing, I very much liked your newest post. I think you should post more frequently, you evidently have natural ability for blogging!

    Thanks
    John Wilson
    http://eduanejones.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam