Sunday, June 27, 2010

Karen's Doodles Challenge #16

Flower Bear
I created this card as my entry in Karen's Doodles USA Challenge #16.  We were given the following sketch to follow:

Sketch_16


The image is a digi freebe that I printed out onto SU Whisper White cardstock.  The bear was colored using Prismacolor pencils and blended with mineral spirits.  I added my own doodles to match the sentiment (which I found at an expo several years ago).  I've never done a long card before so this was a fun, out of my comfort zone, challenge.  

3 comments:

  1. Well Pam, my honest opinion is that "you need to get out of your comfort zone more often"... this is just too cute. I love the sentiment with that adorable little bear. AND I agree, your coloring has improved, your shading is awesome. SUPER job my friend.
    Good luck on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really sweet and your coloring is great! Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I am so glad you tried my long card sketch. You did a wonderful job, great DP and I love the lace. Flower bear is colored beautifully. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Karen's Doodles challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam