Monday, September 7, 2009

Trying new techniques....

Cat's Meow

A friend came over yesterday and we spent the entire day playing with techniques we had not tried before. It was a ton of laughs as we messed up, created a huge mess, and generally had a great time. Since she lives in my building we both kept bringing out more and more supplies. Eventually my dining room table looked like a scrapbook store! But it was fun to see what we could come up with.

One of the techniques we tried was using Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Masks, and Perfect Pearls. I created the background of this card by stamping a script background stamp first. I cheated and used Stazon Dove Gray but I didn't want the image to smear. Next we applied masks from one of the mini-mask sets then went over the card using Distress Inks. We used Broken china, Peeled Paint, Dried Marigold, and Mustard Seed. I love how it turned out so I decided to finish it into a card.

I added the cat stamp which is an old woodmounted stamp by a company called Diamonds. I used Aged Mahogony distress ink and while it was still wet applied copper Perfect Pearls. When I brushed off the excess powder the cat has a super copper shimmer. I added the notes and the saying (which is from a TAC set) and there you have it!

This is a fun technique to try. You don't have to be precise. Just smoosh the colors onto the card and see what you get. Give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Pam, I so love it.. I wish I lived close so I could play with you and your friend... :-( I would not even attempt to do something like this by myself.. it turned out AWESOME...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam