Saturday, April 25, 2009

Baby wipes technique

I was watching a video on Stamp TV and saw one on using babywipes and reinkers. I thought this was the coolest idea and decided to give it a try. My card didn't come out nearly as pretty as Gina K's but it's not too bad. Here is a link to the 2 videos that show how to do this:

Baby Wipes As An Inkpad
Baby Wipes Background

Watch these 2 videos and give this a try. I'd love to see how your cards turn out!

Photobucket

I used Stampin Up reinkers in yoyo yellow, chocolate chip, and pink passion. Since I have trouble drawing a straight line I decided to make the lines wavy. It did take a few minutes for the ink to dry on the glossy paper (Stampin Up) but only about 5 minutes. While I waited I cut out the card and mats. I used my Cricut Jasmine cartridge to cut out the corners. I used real dial size and cut the brown at 2 1/2", the yellow at 2", and the pink at 1 1/2".

I'm thinking of adding a touch of yellow stickles on the flowers. Or maybe just some glitter? What do you think? Anyway it's a pretty cool technique. I didn't even get very messy! Imagine that!

2 comments:

  1. I agree I think it turned out quite nice... and sticklers would finish it off. Great card Pam... I need to do those calendars before I attempt to try something else new... thanks for sharing - I will put this with the others things I want to try someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for the links to the videos. I've got to try this. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam