Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thank you for a fellow crafter

A fellow crafter made me the most beautiful Easter wreath for my door. I wanted to give her a thank you card that was pretty, but not too frilly. My Stampin Up order had just come in and the Polka Dot Punches stamps seemed perfect for this card.


Photobucket


This is a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base ( an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock cut in 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4") that is out of a generic dark brown cardstock. I've also used Stampin Up's Very Vanilla, and Prism's dark, medium, & light coral cardstock. The Friend DP is by DCWV.

Punches used were Stampin Up's Flower punch and Scalloped Circle punch, and EK Success 1 1/2" circle punch.

I cut a piece of the friend paper at 5 1/4" x 3", then matted it onto medium coral cardstock that was cut at 5 1/4" x 3 1/4". And the whole thing was matted onto very vanilla cardstock cut at 5 1/4" x 3 1/2". I added the ribbon ( a $1 Michael's find) around the piece after all layers were taped together then taped it onto the brown card base.

I stamped the flower stamp onto very vanilla cardstock using Stampin' Up Creamy Carmel classic ink and punched it out. I punched out another flower from the medium coral cardstock. Using the medium & dark coral cardstock I punched out a scalloped circle from each.

The flower was layered using the dark coral scalloped circle, the medium coral flower punch, and the stamped and punched flower for the top. I added a gold bead to the center of the flower.

The Kindred Spirit saying was stamped onto Very Vanilla cardstock using a stamp from a set by Hampton Art called Friendship. It was punched out with the circle punch, then layered on top of the medium coral scalloped circle. I added tiny gold beads to every other scallop.

Last I added the tiny ivory buttons to the top.

It's a pretty simple card, but I love the colors. The inside is stamped with "friends are flowers in the garden of life".

1 comment:

  1. I love the card! It is really beautiful! The colors are great too!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Take Care,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam