Saturday, February 21, 2009

Simple Scrapbook Pages

I decided to start catching up on a few scrapbook pages that I need to get done. Here is a simple layout I did of my DGD's first trip to the pumpkin farm. I know...I know... that was last October! Well, at least I'm getting closer to being caught up!

I used the Storybook cartridge for the mats and the letters. The "film strip" was cut from Mickey & Friends.


Here is the other side:


Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Birthday Altered Paint Can

A very good friend just celebrated her 40th birthday and I really wanted to present her gifts in something different than just a wrapped box. This was my first attempt at making an altered paint can but I think it came out pretty nice.

This is a view of one side of the can. The leaves were cut out using the Cricut Storybook cartridge. (I'm loving this cartridge) I used a heavier weight Bazzill cardstock so they were very thick and sturdy. Both the shadows and images were cut at 3 1/2. I had to set my blade depth to 6, pressure to 5, and speed at 3. They cut out beautifully.


Before I glued the leaves to the shadows I ran them through my Xyon upside down and added fine glitter. After they were glued together I placed tiny pearls in a few places on each leaf.

A view of the other side:


I also created an ATC card to use as the tag. Since her gift contained some Flower Soft and a Flower Soft stamp I used it on the stamped image so she could see how it looked. I also used the Happy Birthday Cuddlebug folder to emboss the foil paper.

Oh, the big envelope behind the can was made from 2 12x12 pieces of paper from the DCWV's Blossom & Butterfly stack. I machine stitched the two pieces together. It was made to "wrap" some EZ Mount that I had for her.

So.... that is why I haven't posted in a while. Busy, busy, busy!

Get Well Card

My neighbor just had surgery and I wanted to welcome her home with a nice card and some flowers. Here is the card... I forgot to take a picture of the flowers :(


I used the cricut Storybook cartridge to cut out the label shapes. The holes were hand pierced using a piercing tool. I free handed them.

Don't you love this stamp? It is from I believe it is called apple tree.

I stamped the tree using stazon black ink then colored the tree using several shades of green prismacolor pencils. The colors were blended using the MCPT. Stampin' Up's River Rock ink was sponged around the entire image. Red liquid pearls drops were added to create the apples. I also added light green pearls around the label shapes.

I inked the edges of the patterned paper with the River Rock ink.

The "thinking of you" stamp is a Studio G that I stamped onto the same ivory cardstock and cut out using sissors. I also hand cut the rust colored mat to go behind the sentiment. Raffia (I think that is what it is called) was added to finish off the card.

For the inside:


I used the negative from my label and cut off the excess to fit the inside of the card. I placed a matching piece of patterned paper behind it and stamped the sentiment. This stamp is from a Stampin' Up retired set. I added the little raffia bow to the bottom because it just needed something to finish it off. Surprisingly this is one of the few cards I have made that had NO stickles on it!

Thank you card

Sorry for neglecting my blog but I have been very busy. I have had so much going on the past couple of weeks that I didn't have the time to keep you all updated. So to kick it off....

I created a thank you card for a very special lady on the Cricut Message board. She sent me a RAK of a retired Stampin' Up ink refill that I desperately needed! What a great person!

No matter how many times I photographed this card it just did not show up as pretty as it was in person. (IMHO) LOL


This is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card. The card base was an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock that I cut in half. The ovals were cut using Nestabilities. I stamped the flower stems onto the ivory oval and then stamped the flowers separately. I used embossing pens to color in the flowers and heat set with clear embossing powder. Then I cut them out and used pop dots to place the flowers at the top of the stems.

The scalloped center strip was done using a Fiskers Threading Water punch. (One of my favorite border punches!) Matching patterned paper was added on top for contrast.

Stickles were added to the flower centers and to several of the flowers on the background paper.