Friday, January 23, 2009

Valentine Teacher Cards

I've been working on Valentine Cards for Teachers at the request of my co-workers.
This first one is very cute.....

Photobucket

I used the apple from Doodlecharms and in Design Studio placed a heart from George and Basic Shapes in the center of the apple so when it was cut out the apple had a heart shaped hole in it. I also cut out a separate heart that was just a tiny bit larger to place behind the opening. The picture doesn't show it but the white heart is flocked. The leaf is from Walk In My Garden. I outlined the leaf and stem with stickles. The stamp is from a Studio G set.

This next card is my favorite....

Photobucket

I had never made a suspension card before and this one took extra time to figure out the holes but the end result is very cool. The circle words were printed onto the designer paper using my computer and Microsoft Word. The black background is Black Magic cardstock with the blue core. I ran it through my Cuddlebug using the hearts embossing folder then gently sanded the raised portions to allow the blue to show through. The heart is glittered to add "pop" to the design. I think this would be a nice card for a male teacher.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam