Sunday, January 4, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Duck!


I got in a really silly mood yesterday while organizing my clear stamps. I saw this duck and since I had just finished putting away my St. Pat's day stamps I put 2 + 2 together and decided he would make a fantastically silly St. Patrick's day card. I crack up every time I look at him. His expression and those glasses....LOL Anyway, the duck is from an Inkadinkado mini stamp set. The sentiment is a Studio G set (#26). The large shamrocks are a $1 stamp I found at Joann's.

I did this card almost entirely with clear embossing powder. I stamped the duck using Colorbox black pigment ink and heat set with clear embossing powder. I colored him in using a yellow embossing pen and sprinkled clear embossing powder over the duck again. Heated it up and quickly sprinkled the embossing powder one more time. When it was heated and cooled he has a very thick, shinny, yellow color. It almost looks like plastic.

I stamped the shamrocks with the Colorbox black pigment ink and heat set clear embossing powder over them also. I colored a few shamrocks in using a green embossing pen and guess what....more clear embossing!

Lastly I stamped the sentiment and embossed that too! My poor heat gun really got a workout on this card!

I added green Liquid Pearl drops to the corners to finish it off. Doesn't this duck just make you smile?

My New Years Resolution is to decorate the inside of my cards also. I have a lot to learn about doing the inside, but I'm trying!



2 comments:

  1. Pam,,, you are one talented lady. Love how your duck turned out. And I like how you did the dots inside on the corners. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say, how your pictures turn out... they look very professional.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam