Saturday, September 13, 2008

Peace Christmas Card

I challenged myself to use only my cricut and cuddlebug to make a card. I seem to have gotten into the habit of using stamps exclusively. So I thought it was about time I dusted off the 2 bugs and got to work. I used Joys of the Season for the word peace and the star. This is gold velum cut at 1 1/2". I wanted to use my new cuddlebug dove and branch die and embossing folder. I die cut the dove and branch out of white cardstock then embossed with the folder. I inked up my brayer with VersaMark ink and gently rolled over the top of both pieces. Enchanted Gold embossing powder (by Ranger) was sprinkled over the VersaMark and then heat set. I love the shimmer of this embossing powder! The oval circles were cut using Nestabilities. Finally a few doodle dots using a gold marker to finish it off.

I'm trying not to put too many 3-D embellishments on my cards since the post office has a hard time with a card that isn't flat. With the heavy load of mail that goes through at Christmas time I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam