Sunday, August 17, 2008

Pretty Hat Card

I picked up this stamp at a garage sale and just had to try it out.

Here is a card I created for my Secret Sister.

I stamped the image onto ivory smooth cardstock using SU Basic Black.

The hat was colored with Prismacolor pencils and smoothed out with mineral spirits.

Diamond stickles was added to the white "feathers" to give them some bling.

The center of each flower was dotted with Starry Night stickles. I also added Crystal stickles accents on the background paper.

I needed to tone down the white brad in the center of the large flowers so I covered the brad with Diamond stickles. (I was on a "stickles kick" I guess!)

To create the background around the image I took a small piece of plastic wrap and bunched it into a ball. Then I tapped it onto a Versa Color Sand Beige ink pad and tapped it onto the cardstock. You just repeat the process, ink up the plastic wrap, tap it onto the cardstock until you have as much color as you like. Using the same process I added a few hits of gold pigment ink to fill in some of the extra space.

The ivory cardstock edges were stamped with black ink and the edges of the lilac cardstock were also stamped with black ink.

The background paper was matted with black cardstock and I finished the card by machine stitching the background paper to the black mat.

FYI: The card is 6 1/2" x 5"

The background paper is Heidi Grace Designs "Cherrywood Lane Paisley"

The Stamp is PSX "Hat Stand"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam