Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cake Toppers

Tomorrow is my Mother's 79th birthday and we are having a small surprise party for her. I am making the cake and created these cute "cake toppers" to decorate it. My DGD is going to be there (her great-granddaughter) so I decided to use "Mom", "Grandma", and "Great-Grandma" along with "Happy Birthday".


There are 6 different cricut cartridges used in the making of these!


"Mom" was cut from All Mixed up. A rose from Walk in my garden replaces the "O". I welded the shadows of the letters with the rose in Design Studio then cut the m's out of DP and the rose out of glitter white paper. I tied pink fiber on some of the letters to jazz it up.



"Grandma" and the balloons are from the Tear Drop cartridge. I welded the shadows of the letters and the balloons together in Design Studio then cut separate letters and balloons out of DP. The balloons were covered with Glossy Accents to give them some shine. I replaced the paper strings on the balloons with fibers. Fuzzy fibers were tied to a couple of letters to finish it off.


"Great Grandma" was cut using the Jasmine cartridge. I love how Jasmine looks but I have a very hard time getting it to cut without tearing. The heart is from Beyond Birthdays. Again I welded the shadows together in DS then cut the letters and heart pieces in DP. I made 2 small cuts in the center of the heart and tied tiny ribbon through the cuts. Fiber again on some of the letters for "Bling"

And finally the "Happy Birthday". This is pre-done on the ZooBallo cartridge. In Design Studio I welded the happy above the birthday and added the butterfly from Walk in my garden. Cut out all the letters and butterfly pieces in DP. I added rhinestones to the butterfly, and as the dot above the "i". More fiber to finish it off.


All the final pieces were mounted on b-b-que skewers that I cut down to size. I used double sided tape to hold the skewer to the back of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly appreciate all your kind and constructive words.
Take Care, Pam